Friday, December 31, 2010

WTF did I miss!!?

I have been dealing with Child Support now for almost 10 years. For the most part, I have kept up with it as best I can. Unfortunately, there were some issues that came about that caused me to get an arrearage.
Cut thru all the shit, at this point, I have lost wages per hour and hours per week since the last visit in court over child support. Currently child support is coming directly out of my paycheck. It is my obligation so I have no prob with that. What I do have a prob with is that child support right now is almost exactly half of what I bring home. So she is getting as much of my check as I am.
When the BIG change happened 2 years ago, I called an attorney to ask questions. I was told that the $$$ amount I lost was not enough to justify changing my support. Over a month, that is a mortgage payment! And that doesn't justify?!!
As I am nowhere near financially sound to be able to afford an attorney to fix all the shit wrong with my child support. My parents offered to help me pay for an attorney. I was willing to pay them back. I talked to an attorney and was told I was "getting screwed." Knew that already. I was told that he would help me if I went thru the local Pro-Bono program. I had tried that previously with nothing more than "we are way to busy right now."
I contacted the correct people, filled out the forms and faxed them to the facility. This is where the subject of the post comes in. After a few e-mails, I was informed that they could not help me. WHAT!!! Yeah, so apparently, we (my wife and myself) make too much money. They gave me some fucked up number that referenced to the poverty level I have to fall in before they would help. We are over 2 times the amount. Seriously!? So it appears to me that because I have a home and hold a job and try like hell to keep from losing my house, I have too much. Just like every other "ASSISTANCE", you have to have 5 kids, get food stamps, get welfare and every other type of assistance known to man to show you are in so much need of help before it is given to you.
I don't understand............I have an attorney that OFFERED free help to me provided i go thru the program and........SLAM!!!!!!! Typical bullshit. Getting screwed every week on child support, praying every day i don't get a FORECLOSURE letter but no-one wants to help me. WTF!!!
Later............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home